Important COVID-19 Information
The Health Plan is committed to serving our members, while also ensuring the safety and health of our staff and the communities we serve. As such, we are implementing a number of best-practice protocols to protect individuals while guaranteeing business continuity and making certain that no gaps in service or support exist. We continue to monitor state and local health department action and guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Common signs include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties. The CDC & Apple recently released a coronavirus self-checker guide to help you make decisions and see appropriate medical care.
When should I call my doctor?
- Call your doctor if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
Is testing for COVID-19 a covered benefit?
- We will cover the cost of copays, co-insurance and deductibles for COVID-19 testing for Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid members when recommended by a medical professional. The Health Plan’s self-funded (ASO) members will have cost-sharing for diagnostic testing related to COVID-19 waived unless the group does not implement this temporary relief option.
Can I continue to receive my medications?
- Medicare and full-insured members can fill 90-day supplies of long-term medications through mail order or local retail pharmacies. The Health Plan’s Pharmacy Services Department is available to assist you if medication shortages or access issues arise. Please call the pharmacy number on the back of your THP ID card.
What is telemedicine?
- Telemedicine is a safe and effective way for you to see a doctor to receive health guidance from your home via a smart phone, tablet or computer-enabled web cam.
Can I use telemedicine?
- We encourage you to use telemedicine if it is available in your plan.
Will I be charged for using telemedicine?
- No. We will waive cost sharing where applicable for telemedicine visits for the next 90 days.