Utilization Management Support
Utilization Management Support is responsible for obtaining inpatient and outpatient utilization management request data and entering it into the UM platform.
Accountable for all tasks related to utilization management across all settings including telephonic receipt of information, fax and file document attachment and daily assignment to nursing staff as per alphabet, as well as for timely flow of correspondence to related facilities.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Demonstration of proficient organizational skills and clerical skills including typing/keyboarding, basic computer literacy with the ability to navigate multiple systems and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Coursework in medical secretary science and/or medical background with past clerical experience preferred. Associates or Undergraduate degree preferred;
- Formal training in medical terminology or coding desirable;
- Should possess superior work ethic, accountability and self-motivation.