Manager, Pharmacy Operations
Responsible for monitoring, educating and supervising pharmacy technicians as well as internal and external communication.
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. National Pharmacy Technician certification.
3. Managed care pharmacy technician experience.
4. Demonstrate working knowledge of pharmaceutical generic and trade names; pharmaceutical calculations, laws and regulations relating to the practice of pharmacy.
5. Demonstrate working knowledge of direct on-line claims processing, pharmacy computer systems, spreadsheet applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel), ACD system, and other office/computer equipment as required.
6. Ability to monitor and adjust procedures according to CMS and NCQA guidelines.
7. Ability to find, analyze and make recommendations for change.
8. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Ability to comprehend and communicate established office routines, policies, and procedures.
11. Effective oral and written communication skills, including grammar and spelling.
12. Minimum 35 words per minute typing.
13. Excellent time management skills.
14. Ability to work with minimal supervision on delegated tasks important to the company as a whole.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a managed care pharmacy environment.
- Experience performing medication authorizations for government and non-government lines of business.
- Pharmacy technician managed care supervisor/manager experience.