SQL Database Administrator
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
Additionally, when required the database administrators shall provide application development support for database management, logical and physical database design, utilities for access control, database reorganization, data integrity, data recovery, image copies and optimization. Database administrators shall also provide support for the definition, creation, and support of the data residing in the database management system, including the data schemas at the application level and data dictionary, which includes data definitions, other metadata, and support of the data environment.
- At least two year degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience;
- 5+ years Microsoft SQL Server Administration experience;
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools;
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server;
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to organize and plan work independently;
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Microsoft SQL Server 2019;
- Experience with RedGate SQL Monitor;
- Experience with table normalization, referential integrity and architecture;
- Familiar with Coding and best practices.