The Social Worker collaborates with nurse navigators, medical directors, pharmacists, member advocates and external providers to access resources and address all psychosocial needs and social determinants of health impacting member care and outcomes.
- Social Work or related undergraduate degree with active licensure as a social worker in Ohio and West Virginia with demonstrated compliance with Board of Social Workers continuing education policy.
- Minimum 5-7 years practice in a hospital, SNF, medical outpatient unit or related setting.
- Excellent oral, written, telephonic and interpersonal skills, balancing an independent and team working environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Flexible and able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing processes.
- Proficient keyboarding skills and computer literacy with the ability to navigate through multiple systems.
- In-depth knowledge and skills related to care resources, community resources, discharge planning and health care financial environments through continuing education at conferences, workshops, and professional networking.
- Superior work ethic and a commitment to excellence and accountability.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment in decision making, utilizing all relevant information with proactive identification and resolution of issues.
- Masters of Social Work.
- Case Management Certification (CCM).