PC Specialist/Jr Network Engineer
The PC Specialist/Junior Network Engineer will assist the Help Desk Supervisor with all PC functions and web maintenance.
Provide technical assistance to computer system users. Answer questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Assist with the analyzing, designing, testing, and evaluating of network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, and other data communications systems.
Assist in performing network modeling, analysis, and planning. Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- At least a two year degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
- Able to troubleshoot and determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Get information and observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Able to update and use relevant knowledge and keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job.
- Able to make decisions, solve problems, analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.