Medical Policy Coordinator
The medical policy coordinator position will report to the chief medical officer and become a key employee for establishing a process so that The Health Plan’s clinical positions on selected medical procedures and services will be clearly stated and transparent to the provider community.
The medical policy specialist should also be informed in recent industry trends and changes in the medical literature so that polices remain current and relevant.
- Registered Nurse;
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing OR 6 years of health care experience or alternative clinical education can be substituted in lieu of Bachelor's Degree;
- Three (3) years of healthcare experience;
- One (1) year of medical policy development;
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes;
- Strong communication and analytical skills, including the ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Certified professional coder.