The EDI Programmer/Analyst main objective is to develop, coordinate, implement, and manage all EDI-related development for the organization.
Responsible for developing, and analyzing specifications used for enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and mappings.
Coordinate all EDI testing, implementations, and upgrades. Additionally, the EDI Programmer/Analyst serves as the primary link between the business and any data-trading partners; work with all trading partners to determine the type of data they would like to trade and develop guidelines and specifications for data exchange.
- At least a four year degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience.
- Experience with EDI versions and terminologies.
- Experience with HIPAA transaction and code set standards.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong coding skills.
- Able to update and use relevant knowledge and keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems and analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Experience with Edifecs software.