Director Financial Reporting
Responsible for overseeing the financial accounting and reporting process for financial statements prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and statutory accounting principles; filing all of the finance department's reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly, annual) with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and state insurance regulators; and managing the internal processes and controls supporting the financial statement close process and all reporting requirements.
Responsible for preparing and reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations.
Responsible for ad-hoc reporting and analysis requested by senior management.
Oversee the annual financial statement audit and income tax filings.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 10-15 years experience in accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Previous experience in the health insurance industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and Management Reporter.
- Statutory accounting and reporting experience.