Customer Service Rep
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner to achieve contractual obligations.
Responsible for answering members and providers questions with a quick and accurate response.
They are also responsible for timely completion of all correspondence, faxes, emails, voicemail and reporting functions associated with the Customer Service Unit.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Strong ability to relate with a variety of people in a non-judgmental manner.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess some knowledge of the health care system.
- Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and keyboard skills.
- Proper usage of the English Language.
- Courteous manner/even temperament.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- College degree with interest in health field.
- Previous call center experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Familiar with medical and hospital claims.
- Familiar with Prescription Coding (NDC).
- Familiar with Coordination of Benefits ruling.