Clinical Training Coordinator
The Clinical Training Coordinator is responsible for onboarding new Clinical Services employees ensuring that they receive all appropriate job specific capabilities and receive training in departmental policy and procedures, system specific standard operating procedures and coordination of training schedules with line of business Supervisors.
The Clinical Training Coordinator is additionally responsible for coordinating departmental educational programs for existing staff at routine intervals for topics and content approved by departmental managers/directors and monitoring to ensure that requisite licensure requirements are met annually for all licensed clinical staff.
The Clinical Training Coordinator works with Clinical Directors, Managers and Supervisors to provide input to ensure that all clinical staff receives appropriate onboarding and continuing education to support continuous quality improvement in terms of staff development.
- Two years active work experience within The Health Plan’s Clinical Services Department;
- Demonstration of in depth knowledge of THP Clinical Services operating systems, platforms and tools;
- Completion of Optum Train the Trainer education;
- Strong communication and leadership skills;
- Basic knowledge of accreditation standards and licensing monitoring;
- Ability to interpret established polices and develop new policies into operating procedures to complete a comprehensive training program for new employees and to continuously develop the knowledge base of existing employees while maintaining compliance with clinical program mandates;
- Ability to direct, instruct and advise staff in approved methods, operating procedures and unit workflows;
- Ability to participate in collection and analysis of data to facilitate staff progression through the orientation period and to hand off information to managers/supervisors throughout orientation and post orientation to support continuing staff development;
- Demonstrate effective organizational, oral, and written communication skills;
- Act as the “Go To” person within clinical to trouble shoot platform, system and tool issues;
- Demonstrate problem solving, program development, computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), leadership and team building skills;
- Ability to work with a variety of disciplines across THP departments to resolve issues;
- Ability to establish priority, meet deadlines and build a goal oriented outcome based educational program that ensures achievement and maintenance of clinical competency.
- Past experience as team leader, educator, trainer or mentor;
- Bachelor’s degree desirable.