Behavioral Health Physician Advisor (Independent Contractor)
The Behavioral Health Physician Advisor conducts clinical reviews on cases referred by staff to meet regulatory requirements and in accordance with The Health Plan objectives for assuring quality member care and effective, efficient utilization of health care services.
- Active physician license without restriction.
- Meets all THP credentialing requirements.
- At least three years of managed care experience (with an understanding of appropriate utilization of services and the policies that support these services) preferred.
- Board certification in psychiatry.
- Minimum of five years post graduate clinical experience.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Prior leadership roles while in clinical practice is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in unison with other professionals and non-professionals in a respectful and harmonious manner.