Behavioral Health Physician Advisor (Independent Contractor)
The Behavioral Health Physician Advisor, a 1099 independent contractor, provides timely expert medical reviews for behavioral health requests to evaluate for medical necessity. Conducts clinical reviews on cases referred by staff to meet regulatory requirements and in accordance with The Health Plan of West Virginia, Inc. objectives for assuring quality member care and effective, efficient utilization of health care services.
- Active physician license without restriction.
- Meets The Health Plan credentialing requirements.
- At least three years of managed care experience (with an understanding of appropriate utilization of services and the policies that support these services) preferred.
- Board certification in psychiatry.
- Minimum of five years post graduate clinical experience.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Prior leadership roles while in clinical practice is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in unison with other professionals and non-professionals in a respectful and harmonious manner.