Terms of Service
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private and secure. We take your privacy very seriously. The Health Plan wants you to know what we do with any information about you that we collect from our website.
Casual visitors to this website
The Health Plan collects the Internet domain name and IP address of the computer you use to visit healthplan.org. We also obtain the type and version of the web browser you use, along with the date and time of each visit to each webpage you access. This is typically the same amount of information that most websites collect from your computer. The Health Plan collects this information for the purposes of running summary reports for analyzing website traffic and bandwidth load analysis. For the casual visitor, no personally identifiable medical information is collected.
Visitors who submit electronic forms on this website
If you fill out any online forms on our website to request services such as a change of address, requesting ID cards, changing your primary care physician, or sending us comments, this personally identifiable information will be kept confidential and will not be shared, given, or sold to any third parties unless those third parties are business partners of The Health Plan, whose services are required to provide service to you. This information you provide to us online will only be used to respond to any request for services and will be stored on secure computer systems that have technical and physical safeguards in place to protect your information.
By providing us with your email address in an online form, you are indicating that you wish to be contacted by us via return email. If you do not wish to be contacted by email, please indicate you would prefer a phone call or postal mail.
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party external links from this website because those sites are out of The Health Plan control.
Social Media Policy
Comments to The Health Plan-sponsored sites, including social media sites like Facebook and YouTube, are welcome and encouraged, and we look forward to hearing from you. To promote respectful discussion within this forum, we request that you be courteous and productive and avoid comments that are profane, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable. Submitting member information about yourself or others on The Health Plan-sponsored sites violates HIPAA regulations and will not be accepted for posting. Social media sites often foster debate of an issue; users are to engage in such exchanges with mutual respect for others’ opinions.
For the privacy of users and their families, please be advised that all postings to The Health Plan-sponsored sites will be publicly available on the Internet and therefore publicly accessible without limitation or protection of any kind. Please consider how much personal information to share, with the understanding that this information may be linked to your name and published on the Internet.
By posting a comment or other material to The Health Plan-sponsored sites as outlined above, users give The Health Plan the irrevocable right and license to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any content you provide, which includes using your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media, including but not limited to: displaying, modifying, reproducing, distributing, creating other works from, and publishing your submission. The Health Plan reserves the right to review all comments before they are posted, and to edit them to preserve readability for other users.
The Health Plan further reserves the right to reject or remove comments for any reason, including but not limited to, our belief that the comments violate this social media public policy, to determine in its sole discretion which submissions meet its qualifications for posting, and to remove comments for any reason, including but not limited to, our belief that the comments violate these terms and conditions. Any submissions that fail to follow these terms and conditions in any way or are otherwise irrelevant will not be posted. Due to the sheer volume or appropriateness, The Health Plan will not respond to every posting, especially those that address individual medical, claims, or benefits issues.
We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time in our judgment to address issues that may arise and changes in our operations or the law. In posting material on The Health Plan-sponsored sites, you agree not to:
- Post material that The Health Plan determines is threatening, harassing, illegal, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, or hostile towards any individual or entity.
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment -- you cannot assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of The Health Plan or any individual or entity, including privacy, member information, intellectual property or publication rights.
- Post material that promotes or advertises a commercial product or solicits business or membership or financial or other support in any business, group or organization except those that are officially sponsored by The Health Plan.
- Post chain letters, post the same comment multiple times, or otherwise distribute "spam" via the The Health Plan-sponsored blog.
- Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post comments under multiple names or using another person’s name.
- Post content that would violate HIPAA regulations.
The Health Plan reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Ban future posts from people who repeatedly violate our terms and conditions. We may affect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary.
- Remove or edit comments at any time, whether or not they violate these terms and conditions.
- User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Health Plan, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material user has posted on The Health Plan-sponsored sites.
Medical, Claim, or Benefits Information Disclaimer
- Any Health Plan-sponsored sites are not a forum for the exchange of medical, claims or benefits information, advice or the promotion of self-destructive behavior. While users may freely discuss any appropriate topics, do not look to the sites for information or advice. Instead, it is recommended that users talk to their physician or contact customer service.
- The information on Health Plan-sponsored sites is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only, and is in no way intended to diagnose, cure, or treat any medical or other conditions nor to offer information about claims or benefits covered under The Health Plan. In addition to all other limitations and disclaimers in this agreement, The Health Plan disclaims any liability or loss in connection with the content provided on Health Plan-sponsored sites.
- The particular service or treatment listed on The Health Plan's website is not a guarantee that it is covered under your benefit plan. Your benefit plan may or may not cover all preventive services described. For more information on your benefits coverage, please refer to your certificate of coverage. For more complete information regarding benefits, limitations, and exclusions, call The Health Plan's Customer Service Department, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at 1.888.847.7902.